Sunday, March 9, 2008

Electronic Mix Tape #1







One of my favorite things to do in the world used to be making mix tapes. Yes children, in the old days there were these things called tapes and you could record different songs on them. They had two sides and each held about 45 minutes of music. And when you made the tapes, you actually had to listen to each song in real time as it recorded. It was a perfect way to share with others your thoughts and feelings through music.

Nowadays, the art of the mix tape is as dead as buying records in your favorite local music store. Well I sure can't send you all tapes, but through the magic of the Internets I can share an electronic mix tape on these pages. I hope to do this every week and I hope you enjoy them. These are nothing more than songs I love, but to me they mean a lot.

I always like to first listen to mixes without looking at a track list. If you are curious, the lists will posted below.

SIDE A:








SIDE B:







Side A:
1. The Stooges-Search and Destroy
2. Richie Havens-Tombstone Blues
3. Jackson Browne-Your Bright Baby Blues
4. Drive-By Truckers-The Righteous Path
5. Joni Mitchell-Amelia
6. The Raveonettes-Dead Sound
7. Joseph Arthur-In the Sun
8. Gram Parsons-Six Days on the Road
9. Mike Doughty-I Just Want The Girl In The Blue Dress To Keep On Dancin
10. Steve Earle-Steve's Hammer(for Pete)

Side B:
11. The Waterboys-The Whole of the Moon
12. Relatively Clean Rivers-Journey Through The Valley Of O
13. Bob Marley and The Wailers-Positive Vibration
14. Bruce Springsteen-Long Walk Home
15. Patti Smith-Boy in the Bubble
16. Los Lobos-The Road to Gila Bend
17. The Rolling Stones-Food to Cry
18. The Kinks-I'm Not Like Everybody Else
19. Radiohead-Weird Fishes Arpeggi
20. Sly and the Family Stone-Thank You For Talkin' to Me Africa

No comments: