Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Sigur Ros!




So my favorite Icelandic band is back with a new disc produced by the amazing Flood, and it couldn't sound any better. The title is "Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust" which translates in English into the awesome "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly".

Describing Sigur Ros music is just silly and does a great disservice to the emotional impact their music can have on you. Let's just say they do not sing in any language you can understand and let's just say you will not care. I can say that this new disc is much less atmospheric and brooding then previous efforts. While many fans will not find that to be a good thing, I think it is a great leap forward for the band. I was very disappointed with the last release (Taak...) and wondered if their formula has officially run it's course. There were only so many 12 minutes songs repeating the same words over and over a listener can digest.

I'm only 3 passes through this and I can safely say it will be one of my most played of 2008. Hear it for yourself below....
http://www.sigurros.com/main/streaming.asp


No comments: