Saturday, November 8, 2008

Astral Weeks Live


Last night and tonight at the Hollywood Bowl, Van Morrison played his classic 1968 album "Astral Weeks" in its entirety featuring most of the musicians who played on the original.
This is amazing news for Morrison fans. Van has long disliked revisiting his back catalog let alone playing an album in its entirety. I found a great blog site where last night's show is chronicled in obsessive detail.

Astral Weeks is not just my favorite Van Morrison album, but is one of my top 10 albums of all time. Words cannot describe the emotions one feels while getting lost in the words and music. If you do not own the original, go online NOW and purchase it.

These shows are being recorded for an inevitable CD/DVD release. In the meantime, I found some clips of Van playing a few of the tracks from this past summer. These should tide us over until the real deal comes out. I can't wait!! Meanwhile, I go to search for the bootleg copy......





No comments: