Tuesday, February 24, 2009

You Say You Want a Revolution.....

So I'm back to reality after a week at Disney World. What a trip that place is! If I didn't get such joy out of seeing my kids look so happy, I would have gone postal by the second day.....

So what did I miss in the world of pop-culture while I was gone?

1. Joaquin Phoenix was uber-weird on the David Letterman show
2. Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy performed two amazing benefit shows in Chicago
3. All four original Jane's Addiction member's played together in LA
4. U2 and Neko Case's new albums leaked (both excellent)

But the absolute highlight has to be the leak of an unreleased 11 minute version of The Beatles' "Revolution". No one knows where this came from yet, but this was apparently recorded during sessions from May 30, 31 and June 4. It basically sounds like a mash-up of the released tracks "Revolution #1" and "Revolution #9", but it's undeniably more interesting then either of them.

Hear it for yourself below:

No comments: