Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2012 Band to Watch-"Alabama Shakes"


I may be the last music blog on the planet to write about these guys, but after reading my 100'th blurb about them, I couldn't NOT give them a listen. This Athens, Alabama outfit is sure garnering a lot of high profile attention considering they only have a 4 track E.P. and some in-studio sessions out there. Their debut full length is still 2 months from release but my initial thoughts are that it can't come soon enough! Most of the excitement is simply due to front woman Brittany Howard's insanely soulful and powerful voice. Combine that with a band that sounds like it was pulled from a 1972 Muscle Shoals recording session with Al Green, and you have one the sweetest sounding acts I've heard in many moons.

If you haven't heard of them yet, I'm thinking soon you wont have a choice!

Listen to the 4 track E.P. here!

No comments: