Tuesday, January 8, 2013

David Bowie is Back!!!

In the best music news since the invention of the Ipod, David Bowie choose to celebrate his 66 birthday today by giving fans a completely unexpected present; his first new song/video in over 10 years (with a new album to follow in March). The song is called "Where Are We Now" and from my ears is one of the most direct and poignant tracks of his almost 50 year career.

It would take a much longer post to explain how much Bowie influenced me personally as a youth as well as how much he influenced what types of music I listen to, but let's just say this song actually brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure in the subsequent hype for the album release  Bowie will explain his 10 year absence from music and the public but today I am just so happy to have someone with so much creativity and brilliance back doing it for us.

From the bottom of my fanboy heart.....welcome back David and Happy Birthday. Thanks for the gift!!



1 comment:

LAURA said...

THANKS dAVE. LOVE bOWIE SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM HIM AGAIN.