Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Can't Stand it!!

Well I couldn't take it anymore....

This week I am in the bizarre "Twin Peeks"-like town of Ocala, Florida staying somewhere without a computer. As I type this to you, I am sitting in the public library catching up on my web surfing. I feel much better now, thank you. After the third day of no Internet access, I began to twitch and get dizzy. I haven't been addicted to many things in my life, but apparently I am now full blown Internet addict. Wow, that felt good to get out of my system. "My name is David Connell and I am addicted to the Internets". Anyway, you don't come here to read my personal BS. You want some pop culture content right? Since my library access has a countdown clock expiring in 15 minutes, I have to type fast!

Without access to a computer lately I don't have much to report, but I did have a nice surprise waiting for me when I checked my email today. The fine folks at Wilco HQ have sent a message saying that not only is tonight's Wilco show being streamed on NPR.org, but the best band in the land will be appearing on Saturday Night Live this week. Having been a Wilco fan since the beginning, I am not sure how I feel about this. This week will be hosted by the rising star Ellen Page(Juno), so I would imagine the show will have good ratings. I guess if it gets one more person to realize how great Wilco is, then more power to them. The selfish side of me misses the days when I would rant about this great band called Wilco and people would have no clue who I was talking about. Part of growing up is learning to share. I guess we now have to share Wilco too. I can live with that...

See you soon when I get back to the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. Until then, greetings from Florida.

No comments: