Saturday, February 23, 2008

See you soon....


So this week I will be out of town with no access to the Internet. That alone is a totally frightening thought for me. Like, what the hell am I going to do frightening! I figure it can only be a good thing not to stare at a computer for a week, no? Maybe I will actually finish the "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" book I have been reading for about a year. Well, I promise I will keep posting when I get back so please keep checking in for my rants. In the meantime, I leave you with some great things to watch. Enjoy!

This is from the film "Festival Express", which documents a 1970 train tour through Canada which included The Band, The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Buddy Guy among others. You think they partied?! Oh to be a fly on the wall but this is close. Watch a VERY messed up Rick Danko, Janis Joplin, and Jerry Garcia with friends have a blast singing the classic "Ain't no More Cain".


This is a very hairy My Morning Jacket blowing the doors off of the Conan O"Brien set. I resisted getting into this band until I saw this performance. Just a total wow TV performance. Below it is a very dapper performance from Letterman kicking it with The Boston Pops.




This is one of my favorite performances of all time. I still get goosebumps and I've seen it over 100 times. Sinead O'Conner live performing "Troy from 1987.


Another one of my all time favorites. David Bowie and Sonic Youth performing "I'm Afraid of Americans" during his 50'Th B-day concert.


As if there was any doubt, here is proof that The Clash were one of the best bands of all time.

No comments: