Friday, July 18, 2008

Pearl Jam Honor The Who

So I'm flipping the channels last night and I land on VH1 Classic showing "Rock Honors 2008: The Who." As a sucker for music concerts and a huge Who fan, I couldn't resist. The Who sounded great but as much as I love them, it's really hard for me to watch them play days just because the absence of Keith Moon and John Entwistle is impossible not to notice.

The highlight of the show was Pearl Jam's jaw-droppingly good performances of two tracks from The Who's masterpiece; "Quadrophenia." I always knew Vedder was a big Who fan, but check out how perfect bassist Jeff Ament channels John Entwistle. The song "The Real Me" sounds like a Pearl Jam original. It is a truly fantastic performance and it solidifies Pearl Jam's place in the short list of all-time great rock and roll bands. Enjoy!!


No comments: