Friday, October 10, 2008

Playin' in the Band



Happy Friday everyone. I thought I would give you a fantastic Dead show to get your weekend started right and musical.

This one is a particularly hot show from 8-5-1989 and is one of the best soundboard recordings I have of them. Highlights include a rare first set opening "One More Saturday Night", a rocking "Let it Grow", and the entire second set.

This one of those shows I would play someone who was first getting into the Dead. It has all the elements that made me love their music and keeps me coming back. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Grateful Dead: 8-5-1989 Carlson, CA
Setlist:

Set 1:One More Saturday Night, Cold Rain & Snow, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Stagger Lee, Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, Let It Grow

Set 2:Hey Pocky Way, Playin' In The Band-> I Know You Rider-> Terrapin Station-> Drums-> Jam-> Standing On the Moon-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away, E: U.S. Blues



No comments: