Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Real Dylan & Summer '08 Mix










In honer of the ridiculously good new Bob Dylan Bootleg Series release "Tell Tale Signs", Uncut magazine has published a 13 part feature focusing on the recording sessions that make up the material featured on the discs. Specifically, Dylan's output from 1989-2006.



Told by the producers and engineers who worked on the recordings, the result offers a fascinating incite into Bob's recording process. This is must-read stuff for Dylan freaks and proof that while I love the guy, I don't think I would want to work with him.


Read all the goodness below:
http://uncut.co.uk/music/special_features/

My other Dylan gift to you today is a great mix of tunes from Bob's summer tour of Europe. It contains one of the best versions of "Just Like a Woman" I've ever heard. Hearing that song sung with the years of knowledge in Dylan's voice now just kills me. This set also contains some great versions of many of the Modern Times tracks. I think I like these songs even better life than the studio versions.

I really can't wait to see him in Milwaukee on November 6. I hope you enjoy listening to this set.

Bob Dylan: Summer 2008 Mix

Side A



Side B

No comments: